Thursday, May 13, 2010

How to combat face blotchiness, discoloration caused by birth control, The Pill?

I never had a problem until I switched my health insurance which does not cover ortho-lo. I've been on Tri-Sprintec for a couple years and ever since I started it, there's been a tan-stache. And yes, it looks like a mustache (to me anyway)





It looks like a tan line on my upper lip. It's a sort of discoloration that I am convinced is caused by my birth control. Going off the pill is not an option.





Are there any sort of store bought creams or home remedies to lighten up this tan-stache? I rarely wear make-up so please don't suggest covering it up--I want to GET RID OF IT!





Most have told me it's worse for them in summer with more exposure to sunlight, but mine is much more noticeable in the winter when I'm outside much less and my skin is more pale (Ok, I glow in the dark!)How to combat face blotchiness, discoloration caused by birth control, The Pill?
Pill can cause the pigmentation disorder which normally settles down slowly after the pill withdrawl.It is true that the condition is worst during the summer and fades during the winter -- this is why it is wise to wear high factor sun protection cream in hot weather.This reduces the intensity of pigmentation.If pigmentation is more widespread,ask your G.P.to rule out low adrenal activity.While it fades away you can conceal it with cosmetic ways.The action of bleaching cream is doubtful.In persist ant cases a topical cream containing Hydroquinonone can be used under medical supervision.How to combat face blotchiness, discoloration caused by birth control, The Pill?
I get this also, but I thoguht it was because I have naturally pale skin. I wish I had a magic cure, but, I too, can't change birth control. I notice that when I use Oil of Olay's Microdermabrasion and Peel, it does fade quite a bit, and it also helps clear acne and give me a much nicer skin tone.





Hope this helps!
  • dental cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment