Thursday, May 13, 2010

Has anyone ever lost control of their left side of the face?? I am freaked out... Please help!!?

Its been about 2 days that I have been like this. Everytime I try to do any movement with my mouth like smile, eat, or drink my mouth moves to the right side. My left eyes has gotten a little swollen on the eye lid and tears come out. Oh yeah! and I forgot to say my left eye won't close. Whenever I try to move my eye or mouth to the left it just ends up moving only on the right. I am almost 6 months pregnant, does anyone think this could harm my baby?? Can anyone help?? Has this happened to anyone before??Has anyone ever lost control of their left side of the face?? I am freaked out... Please help!!?
As with other answers, it certainly sounds like Bell's Palsy. This is often caused by inflammation of the parotid gland, with in turn affects the facial nerve with travels through the gland.





Of particular annoyance is difficulty in drinking liquids and smiling.





Most important is that sometimes there is difficulty in blinking and proper closure of the eyelids while sleeping. This can cause drying out of the eye and can lead to mild to moderate or even serious complications of the cornea of the eye which can result in permanent visual impairment.





Please see an ophthalmologist if you are having eyelid problems. Most non-ophthalmic physicians do not know how to properly evaluate, treat or prevent the ophthalmic complications of Bell's Palsy.





Tell your mom to get a degree in medicine before making medical diagnosis, and advising treatments.Has anyone ever lost control of their left side of the face?? I am freaked out... Please help!!?
go to the ER!!


i did have the same thing happen to me several years ago ( i wasn't pregnant) for me it was bell's palsy, it went away on it's own after a few months. that was me. go to the ER!!
Sounds like Bells Palsy to me. I had a friend who just up and got it one day, he was a boy though. It's not permanent, but you should go to the dr. asap.
could be Bell's palsy which is relatively common during pregnancy.





However, those type of symptoms need to be checked ASAP just in case.
Go to the hospital! This happened to my mom once and she was having a stroke! It could be something else, but still I would go to the hospital just to be safe.
Go to the ER now, it could be anything, a stroke, a pinched nerve.
That is a classic sign of a stroke please go to a hospital.


Hope this helps. :)
you may have had a stroke go to hospital immediately.
I'd see a doctor.





A similar thing has happened to me twice in my life. I couldn't move the muscles on one side of my face and I couldn't close the affected eye. Bell's Palsy. It lasted a few weeks for me with proper medication from my doctor.





I can't say for sure that it's Bell's Palsy, but it's very likely that's what you have. As far as I know, it's not dangerous in any way, but it might be caused by something more significant. I had to be tested for Lyme disease.





See a doctor and, in the mean time, use eye drops to keep your eye from drying out.

No comments:

Post a Comment