Thursday, May 13, 2010

Can't control right side of face! (LONG reading WARNING)?

Okay so.. last night while I was brushing my teeth (as I rinsed) water started comin' outta the right side of my lips.. well I mean just outta my mouth.. in between my lips -.-. I didn't think much of it and even laughed out loud when it happened.. I felt completely fine.. just a bit tired, as always. Slept at a bit past midnight.. very tired.. and felt terrible all over my body when I laid down in bed.. woke up early at around 7:20 'cause I had to get ready for volunteering.. washed my face and got out feeling alright.. I did feel slight weakness when I was talking at one point.. just on the right side of my face but didn't think much of it since I was just so tired it felt normal.. but when I got back I started feeling weird around my neck.. had to get ready within half an hour for lab that came right after (didn't have breakfast or lunch since I got up for around 6 hours)





Anyway in lab I found my face was very disobedient.. talking was fine but I still felt tired which was normal.. but I found that if I made no effort or paid no attention, I'd blink only with my left eye.. right eye moves a bit but never closed all the way unless I really ';closed'; my eyes instead of just blinking.. that worried me.. and I later found that my lips were just as disobedient.. I could only move to the left.. when I tried moving to the right, it still moved to the left.. with an awkward feeling to it.





I got out of lab and went straight to brunch.. which worried me even more 'cause chewing was a big problem for me. I could chew fine on the right side if I put the food right in between my right teeth.. but otherwise it was very difficult to chew or ';grab'; the food with my right teeth.. and my neck hurt while doing that.. I later noticed a tiny bump kinda feeling on the back-right of my neck.. it just feels like an artery.. not a big deal right? I hope not.. it's either neurological or it's because of my braces (i've had them for a year or so now..).. that's what I thought then......





I came back to my dorm and brushing my teeth was a problem too.. again, the water came outta the right side as I rinsed.. unless I really tried to focus on the muscles.. I can move both sides of my face individually.. but the right side feels much weaker.. like I'm in much less control.. it's not numb, but feels like it's been numb for so long I can't tell that it's numb anymore.. I really hope it's only 'cause I slept on one side for too long and that I'll feel fine tomorrow....





I am feeling a bit better now.. though my lips are still quite disobedient..





I did call the university hospital.. but that was after 4, the time most doctors get off from work.. they said the only way I'd get to see a doctor then was by going to the emergency room.. I called the neurology department at first and of course they were closed.. anyway, will going to the emergency room really work? I mean, I have insurance and whatever, but I don't really think they have experts in this there right now anyway.. so I decided to wait 'til tomorrow.. though I still have thoughts about going....


Bad thing is, I have 2 exams coming up next week.. and I'm supposed to go home tomorrow after class.. with not much time at all between classes.. so I'm not sure how that'll go, in case I still feel this way tomorrow...





Does/has any of u have/had this kind of problem before? Any advice?


btw last night when it started feeling weird as I was brushing my teeth was right after dinner.. before I went for a routine walk/run that lasted for about an hour.. which made me feel great..Can't control right side of face! (LONG reading WARNING)?
Hello,





Well, as you have clearly grasped, this is a fairly serious situation. There are several possibilities that come to mind:





1. You may have had a small stroke or aneurysm.


2. You may have Bell's Palsy.


3. You may have a tumor or growth pressing on your cerebral cortex.





These are all the immediate possibilities that sprang to mind, but there are certainly other scenarios. Regardless, you should get to the ER straightaway. You need to start getting tests done as soon as possible. Neurological damage spreads quickly and ruthlessly.Can't control right side of face! (LONG reading WARNING)?
GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM NOW.


You may have Bells Palsy.


Buy you should go now.


YOU COULD BE SUFFERING FROM A STOKE.


GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM NOW.

1 comment: