Sunday, January 24, 2010

Do Muslim women who wear a full Burka have to show their faces when going through a passport control?

We all have to show our passports and be compared to our photo's.Do Muslim women who wear a full Burka have to show their faces when going through a passport control?
Yes they do.


A few years ago Muslims in the UK wanted their UK passports to show a photo of the woman wearing the full burkha and the face covered. the request was denied - the main reason was that this doesn't even happen in Islamic countries.





When a Muslim woman who prefers to have her face covered goes through Immigation she can request that a female immigration officer deal with her and she will show here face in a private room or curained off area, the same goes if she needs to be searched at security.Do Muslim women who wear a full Burka have to show their faces when going through a passport control?
I think not, unless they changed it. That is how one of the July 21 failed suicide bombers got out of the country and escaped capture for a while, dressed in full muslim dress. (He allegedly used a female relatives passport) and was'nt checked at passport control. They are now trying to get women only passport officers to take muslim women into a seperate room so they can check. I dont know if this has been implemented yet. Apparently its against their human rights !!!!
im from the UK and when i was coming home from turkey i remember going through the security thing with the alarms. I went through and i had to take my laptop out of my bag, anything out of my pockets, take of my jacket and my boots..all of the usual stuff.


my mother in law, who is muslim came through behind me. She does not wear the burka but she has a head scarf and her body was completely covered head to toe with like a million layers on. She wasnt asked to take off her jacket or her shoes and she went through and the alarm went off. a woman was scanning her and it kept beeping but they were'nt asking her to take anything off so they just let her through even though she was setting off the alarm :S


i dont really get that :S
I hope that they are checked out by female staff as it could be anyone under that pile of cloth, even a male terrorist. When I worked in a bank and had to check passports which had been presented as ID, muslim women in masks would refuse to show their face and insist on seeing a woman. I always made sure that they would have to return much later. I don't see why we should have to accommodate them all the time.
Yeah of course lol- I've yet to hear about a Muslim woman whose worn the veil and hasn't shown her face. It's perfectly normal and common sense for the women to unveil their faces to show at the border controls. My aunt and friends who wear the veil have always taken it off without objections- because its kind of obvious that you gotta get your face checked lol.
Most likely they would be taken aside, and a female security officer would check if she's the woman on her passport.





It's only the males that can't see the non-related females, females even if not Muslim are allowed to.
Phate is right. I am muslim and it is true that only men are not allowed to see her face, except for her husband and children and any other closely related family members (sisters, brothers, mothers, fathers...etc.).
I have a better question: What if a muslim woman had a beard when she took her pass-port photo then shaved it right before she went through air-port security? Will they let her pass?
I have often traveled and yet to see a woman wearing a burka travel..? so, obviously they do not travel !


have you????????
Yes they do, there passport picture must show a full face and so must they when coming the passport control
Maybe in other countries, can't see it happening at UK border controls, be a bit un-PC for us
no
guaranteed my shoes come off! it ain't fair
I would have presumed so.
Here in Germany, yes.
Good question.

No comments:

Post a Comment